Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hey hey ... it's me! Like .. in person.

Sorry I haven't gotten to this since I made it into Bundaberg, but I still don't have sensible internet access. (I'm posting this using my phone as an access point, and the data charges are murder!)

I'll do a longer wrap up soon, I promise.

For now the plan is to finalise the import procedures with Customs and Qarintine, then I'll try to find a storage mooring somewhere here in Bundaberg for a couple of weeks, and do a qick trip home to sort out some much neglected administration. Then back up here to bring Hellcat south.

As I said after the first leg, my huuuuge thanks to my brother Paul for relaying my position reports to this blog, as well as dealing with other matters that I had to ask him to do. 

(How did you all cope with my mad txtng abrvtns? 77 chrctrs dsnt allw 4 lng msgs)

Since getting here most of my effort has been in "sleep,eat and recover" mode. I was pretty wrecked on arrival. That last week ....

Anyway, as that last week is receding into perspective against the big picture, a sense of achievement is slowly setting in. I just sailed across the Pacific Ocean! (Might have to do it again to prove it wasn't a fluke ... What?) The two stages total 6400 nautical miles (11700 km). Hellcat managed an overall average of close enough to 100 NM (180 km) per day.This is an awesome boat!

(ASIDE: The genius that decided that kevlar would make good sail cloth obviously didn't try pushing a rusty needle with a double strand of fishing line through it!)


Later all, I'm off for some more sleep.

W.

Another aside: Always carry more hats, sunglasses, reading glasses and can-openers than you first think you'll need. 'nuff said?

1 comment:

  1. great to hear you're alive and well Wayne,

    buzz me when you get your oz mobile back on line

    Cheers
    Schooner

    ReplyDelete